Sunday, February 24, 2013

OUTSIDE A DOG


OUTSIDE A DOG a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” ― Groucho Marx, The Essential Groucho:Writings For By And About Groucho Marx  This is one of my favorite quotes on reading.  It’s even on my library book bag. I am a person who haunts the library’s website on a regular basis for all sorts of materials, education, and relaxation. 

 

Often I find a book I might be interested in, but too little info on the book itself.  Sometimes I don’t check out the book for that very reason because as Frank Zappa said “So many books, so little time.” 

 

As you can tell I also love quotes about books and reading as well.  So why not combine the two and do a book review blog? I read a large variety of books both fiction and non-fiction.  I follow the teachings of my father who encouraged both my brother and myself to “learn one new thing every day” and do still study at the age of 62 something new constantly. Groucho, by the way was also my dad’s favorite comedian.  So as a salute to both men this blog is born.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment